Are you ready to buy a home? Buying a home is one of the biggest financial and lifestyle decisions you will make, so it pays to make an informed decision by first looking at the main advantages and disadvantages of homeownership.
- Are Your Financials in Order? In this Step you will find a number of simple calculations that will help you evaluate your current financial situation and determine how much house you can afford and the maximum price that you should be considering.
- How Much is This Going to Cost? After you have calculated the maximum home price you can afford, you will need to calculate the up-front costs and expenses associated with buying a home to make sure you are financially prepared.
- What Type Should You Buy? Before you start searching for a home you need to think about your current and future housing needs and what characteristics are important to you in a home. Buy - House vs Condo
- What Professionals Should You Call? This Step describes the roles played by the professionals you will call on in the home buying process: real estate agent, mortgage broker, lawyer/notary, inspector, insurance broker.
- How To Find the Right Home. If you have decided that you are ready to start your search, this Site offers numerous targeted searches to find the perfect home. Start my search
- How to Buy a Home. Once you find the home you would like to buy, you will need to present the seller with an Offer to Purchase supplied by your Realtor.
- Home Repair and Maintenance Tips. This website offers useful tips for new homeowners on home repair, maintenance and renovations. Also sign up to receive maintenance alerts. Home Wizard